Since I left my post at Yves Saint Laurent, I have on many occasions, found myself spending the entire day in my work out clothes. It happens... and clearly, not only to me. During the day, I see loads of women at the cafe, getting their nails done and grabbing their green juice... all in their workout clothes. People may say "I don't understand VPL", but I don't think many girls who read this site can honestly say they haven't spent a good portion of their Sunday in their workout clothes. AHEM!
VPL has always been a fashion brand with a sporty edge, but this season marks it debut as a full-fledged activewear collection, and I love it. I mean, if someone shows up to Physique 57 sporting look 17, I think I will pass out. These are pieces I actually wear and will get great use of out. Leave it to Victoria Bartlett to take it all the way. Watch out Lulu.
Photos by the incredible Abby Warhola. She and I went backstage and got the run down for you!
Hair: was worn in sporty fishtail braids by Bob Recine for beauty.com, using PHYTO products and T3 tools. A clean, wet, active look.
To get the look:
- Blow dry hair usingT3 Featherweight Luxe 2i while applying PHYTO Professional Intense Volume Mousse at the roots to create texture.
- Flat iron hair with the T3 Single Pass, Straigtening & Styling Iron to create a sleek look.
- Apply PHYTO Professional Wet Gel to create a sleek, wet texture.
- Part hair in the center (try your best to get the part in one swoop). Pull hair back into a low ponytail, securing with an elastic.
- Braid the hair inside of the ponytail into a fishtail braid. I asked Bob Recine's for his advice on creating the perfect fishtail, "Ask a friend to help and be very patient"!
- Apply PHYTO 7 Hydrating day cream to tame flyaways, while keeping fine hair around the face dry and wispy.
- Finish with PHYTO Phytolaque Soie Hair Spray and PHYTO Plage Protective Beach Spray for protection and hold.
Nails: Deborah Lippmann for Beauty.com
Makeup + Skincare: Romy Soleimani using Boots No7